Thursday, December 17, 2015

May the Force, force you to pay too much to see it?


IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...

I still remember the first time I saw Star Wars.  I was 14, I went to the Tyler Mall in Riverside, CA with my cousin Rob and Aunt Betty.  The movie absolutely blew my mind, it was visually stimulating, had a great story line, it was good vs. evil, a beautiful princess, AND, it was all done in space with the most amazing (at that time) special effects.  It was funny, lots of cool characters, I could go on and on.  Truly one of the most influential movies of all time, in my humble opinion.

Now, brief disclaimer, I'm not a collector or an Star Wars expert or anything like that, but a fan, absolutely.

So, about a week or so ago a story of someone paying $700 bucks to be able to see the movie on opening day surfaced.  You read that correctly, $700 bucks, dollars, dinero, benjamins, fun tokens, etc. and now Disney (the new owner of the Star Wars franchise) is trying to hit up the theaters for more of the box office take.  Typical Hollywood greed, which is socially  far more acceptable than larger corporate greed, but I digress.  Hey, I am all for capitalism and if they can get it, good for them, and I hope my retirement fund bought into Disney.  But, $700 dollars to see the movie?  Wow!  And all so he/she can view it on opening day.  You go man.

As for me and my house, we will see it after the opening day.  I will go see it, but at this stage in my life, if I have to wait several weeks I'm okay with that.  My frustration with the whole thing is that I did not get online and buy up a bunch of tickets to auction off to the all the chumps in the world that would pay $700 dollars for an opening day ticket, what a great Christmas we would be having.  Oh well, you snooze, you loose.

So, here is my wish for all the Star Wars, opening day goers; may you be able to purchase a ticket at the booth to see the show, then, turn around and scalp it to the dork behind you for $700 bucks.

Was that out loud?

No comments:

Post a Comment